Saturday, August 7, 2010

Concentration update

A small update, though I have put a bit of detail and thought into it in my sketchbook. This is mostly an expansion on my ideas for my concentration in that the only change will be the whole "portraiture" thing. It won't be typical portraits, though I will still be doing people. It just won't be...well, portraits. I plan to put symbolism into my pieces and because of that, different angles and such of figures would probably be a better course of action. What symbolism you ask? Well I'll tell you! Social and political symbolism, yeah that's right I'm going there. Something to make me more passionate about this project so I choose to add multiple things I am passionate about in reality, mostly being fashion and politics. Now, currently I plan for this symbolism and stuff to be subtle and not outright being "Hey! Listen! I'm making a political and/or social statement!" so a bit of explaining might have to be done, but really I won't be certain of that until I get right down to the pieces. Oh, and those social/political issues will center around being sheep, doing what you are told, and the control those around you have over you and your choices, and so freedom of expression and individualism is all a delightful lie. That includes Uncle Sam too! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment