Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Artist 30: Claude Monet

Claude Monet, born 1840, died 1926. An incredibly well known French impressionist painter, and one of my personal favorite artists. He really gives me a new perspective on art. The colors that he uses are really breath taking and he seems to make the world appear far more...I don't want to say magical, but I will, than it is. His landscapes have a very serene, peaceful, calm feeling to them by combining the colors that he does. In one of my favorites, "Impression, Sunrise," the brush strokes seem very quick, almost sloppy, but precise at the same time. They have a very loose flow to them, which helps with the calm feeling of the painting. Monet inspires me to be more free with my line use and color. I believe I try to be too precise, but I need to let my tools flow and trust my instincts more, and my artistic ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment