Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Artist 28: Dan Christensen

Dan Christensen was born i 1942 in Nebraska. He was trained at the Kansas City Art Institute, as well as University of Indiana. He is an abstract painter, which I believe is made quite obvious in his work, "C-Breeze," pictured here. I very much like the creativity in the name, along with the abstract work itself. I understand the C, and I believe I can understand the "breeze" part. Though it looks rather like a tree in the darkness that is illuminated by the moon.

What I like the most about his art is the contract, primarily. Especialy on this piece, the black really makes the white stand out, event he very thin lines. Speaking of thin lines, I love the use of thick and thin lines in this piece. I think it is balanced very well and it has a lot to draw your eye around and keep your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment